If at anytime within 7 days from the date of purchase you are dissatisfied when using our service, please contact us. We will do our best to address your issue, provide a work around or give a timeline for a solution that will meet your needs. If you are still not satisfied, we will gladly offer you a FULL REFUND for your purchase based on our refund policy.
We default auto renewal for all the subscriptions. And you will automatically be charged the same amount when your subscription ends. If you wish to stop the automatic renewal, please check the instructions bellow: i. Contact our Support Center directly if you purchased the product through our website. ii. Or manage your subscription on Google Play, or App Store if you purchased the product via the two platforms.
Please note that list prices on our official website are taxes excluded and the taxes that will be calculated depends on customer evidence (Business or Consumer, Billing Country, IP address, Credit card country).
In general, the renewal price should be the same as your initial payment. If you initiate your purchase in our discount season, your renewal will be charged at the original price listed on our official website.
Yes, you can upgrade your subscription by yourself by referring to Account > Update subscription.
If you cancel FamiKit during the subscription period, you can still use the app to set parental controls for your kids before it expires. After cancelling the subscription, you will receive a confirmation email (Cancel Subscription of xxx) showing the expiration date of your license. When the subscription period ends, repurchase will be required if you want to use FamiKit again.
For order purchased via website, FamiKit does not support changing the payment method for future subscription. If you would like to change the payment methods, you may cancel your current subscription and purchase a new subscription with your new payment method.
For order purchased via Google Play, you may follow the steps below:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store Google Play.
- Check if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- Tap Menu and then Subscriptions.
- Find the subscription you want to update.
- Choose from the following:
- For active subscriptions, tap Manage.
- To fix your payment method, tap Update.
- Follow the instructions to update your payment method.
For order purchased via App Store, you may follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- Tap your name, then tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID (which is usually your email address), then tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in.
- Tap Manage Payments. (If you're using an older version of iOS, tap Payment Information.) Then add, update, reorder, or remove your payment methods.
If you have been charged twice, please contact our support team via the link below and provide the screenshots of both order/payment information to us. After confirming, we will process the refund for the repeated order if the order is placed within 7 days. Contact Us.
No. FamiKit cannot help find the lost phone. You can track the kid's device after you install the FamiKit app on kid's device.
Yes. FamiKit's icon is visible and are not able to be hidden on kid's device because FamiKit are designed to monitor kid's device in a proper and legal way.
No. FamiKit cannot track the kid's device without GPS on. You need to make sure the kid's device's GPS is turned on and GPS permission is granted to kid's device all the time.
FamiKit has uninstallation protection when kid's device is an Android. If kids want to uninstall the app, they need to enter the password of the account. If kid's device is iOS, FamiKit currently does not support this feature. Kids can uninstall the app without your consent. We will try to add this feature into iOS version FamiKit in the future.
In most cases, FamiKit works the same on both devices, though there are still several differences: FamiKit provides device's activity report, browser history report and app usage report when the kid’s device is an android phone or tablet. These reports are currently not available on iOS devices due to strict restrictions. We may add the feature to iOS version in the future.
When using the app blocking feature on an android device, the icon of the blocked app is still displayed but when your kid tries to open the app, a FamiKit cover will show up and block the app. On the contrary, when FamiKit blocks an iOS app, the app icon will be hidden on the device. You can block any specific app as you want when kid's device is android. But if kid's device is iOS, FamiKit will block the whole group of apps by age rating in App store when you set block rules due to iOS limitations. We will try to improve this in iOS version in the future.
FamiKit does not support monitoring child's calls currently.
FamiKit does not support monitoring the kid's text directly. If the kid's device is Android system, you can use Explicit Content Detection to monitor sensitive words on kid's text message. If the kid's device is an iOS, text message monitoring is not supported yet.
Yes, you need physical access to your kid's Android or iOS device to install FamiKit and complete certain setup first. After that, you can start tracking and controlling your kid’s device remotely.
FamiKit does not have limitations on the number of parents' devices. You can connect multiple parents' devices to one FamiKit account at the same time.
Depending on the subscription type of FamiKit you have, you can connect up to 5 kid's devices for monthly subscription, 10 kid's devices for quarterly subscription and 30 kid's devices for annual subscription with one FamiKit account.
Yes, it will work. Both parent's phone and kid's phone can be Android or iOS when using FamiKit.
FamiKit does not support Windows or Mac yet. Our desktop version is under developing.
Currently, FamiKit does not support controlling video game consoles like XBOX, Play Station, Nintendo Switch.
FamiKit is compatible with most mobile devices running on Android (Android 4.4 - 10) or iOS (iOS 9 - iOS 13), including both phones and tablets. It does not require rooting or jailbreaking.
The following payment methods are accepted.
Chinese Debit Card
For new users who register FamiKit account via our app directly, a three-day free trial is provided.
FamiKit uses RSA cryptosystem for secure data transmission and Tensor Flow Lite deep learning framework for on-device inference which only detect suspicious pictures and protect user privacy. More than 200 countries and territories benefit from our products.
You can purchase a subscription for FamiKit via our website, App Store, or Google Play.
When installing FamiKit on your kid’s device, please always allow the Location access so that the app can always track your kid’s real-time location and record the location history. When installing FamiKit on Android devices, please allow every permission the app requires. FamiKit will not work properly if your kid’s device is powered off or shut down. You cannot track the device location in this case.
FamiKit works in the background on the kid’s device. It may stop running or get crashed under certain circumstances, it is recommended to activate the app on kid’s device occasionally.
To block iOS apps or set up Screen Time, Smart Schedule, you have to install iOS MDM file on kid's phone. Here are the steps you will need to take.
- Get the kid’s iOS device.
- Download FamiKit from App Store
- Log in your FamiKit account on kid’s phone, choose the identity as Kid
- Activate Location Access first
- Tap Install iOS Profile
- You will be directed to Safari and download the Profile. Tap Allow
- Go to Settings > Profile downloaded > FamiKit Profile
- Tap FamiKit
- Tap Install on the upper right corner, enter the lock-screen password of your kid's iOS device
- A warning will pop up, tap Trust
- Tap Install on the right top corner again
To block iOS apps or set up Screen Time, Smart Schedule, you have to install iOS Profile file on kid's iOS device first. MDM file helps with achieving the above features.
For Android devices:
To prevent kids from uninstalling FamiKit from their Android devices without parent’s consent, we have added uninstall protection for FamiKit. Here is a detailed guide to uninstall FamiKit from kid’s Android device.
- Open FamiKit on your kid's Android device
- Tap on Uninstall
- Enter your FamiKit account password
- Tap OK on the pop-up window, and FamiKit app will be uninstalled from your kid’s device
For iOS devices:
- Tap and hold on the FamiKit icon on the home page until the icon starts to wiggle
- Tap the “x” icon on the upper left corner of FamiKit icon
- Delete FamiKit from your iOS device
- Remove MDM(Mobile Device Management) from the kid's iOS device:
Please go to Setting > General > Device Management > FamiKit and tap Remove Management.
Note: If you need to reinstall FamiKit on your kid's iOS device, please make sure you have deleted both the app and the MDM file from the device first. After that, you can reinstall FamiKit from App Store and follow the on-screen instruction to reinstall the MDM file.
For Android devices:
The procedure of uninstalling app is slightly different on different brands of Android devices. To avoid confusion, we recommend the following method that works on most Android devices:
- Open Settings
- Tap on Apps or Applications manager
- Tap on FamiKit. You may need to scroll down the page to find it
- Tap Uninstall
For iOS devices:
- Tap and hold on the FamiKit icon on the home page until the icon starts to wiggle.
- Tap the "x" icon on the upper left corner of FamiKit icon.
- Delete FamiKit from your iOS device.
FamiKit does not have limitations on the number of parent's devices. You can download and install the app on your other parent's device and log in using the same account email and choose parent mode. Then all of the parents' devices can monitor and track kid's device at the same time.
FamiKit is available on both App Store and Google Play. You can download FamiKit from these two app markets by searching "FamiKit" directly.
Here is the way to turn on Content Blockers to FamiKit on kid's iOS devices.
- Go to Settings on your kid's device.
- Scroll down and tap Safari.
- Tap Content Blockers under Safari.
- To activate Content Blockers, toggle the switches next to FamiKit to the green ON position.
If this option is greyed out, you need to activate Content Blockers first:
- Go to Settings > General > Restrictions and enter in your passcode.
- Scroll down to the Allowed Content section. Do you have any restrictions set for websites other than All? If so, you'll need to disable them in order to activate your content blockers. (Alternatively, just turn Restrictions Off.)
You can use the Web Filter and App Block feature to block porn websites and restrict the use of porn apps.
FamiKit does not block everything when you block your kid's device. Your kids can still make phone calls or send text messages after the blocking function is enabled.
You may use the Smart Schedule feature to pre-set device blocking schedule in certain areas (such as school) or at certain time (at dinnertime or bedtime).
You can set the school area as a geo-fence using FamiKit’s Geo-Fence feature. When your kid arrives at school or leaves school, you will receive notifications. To set a geo-fence, you may follow the steps below:
- Tap Feature
- Tap Geofences
- Tap Add
- Enter Geofence Name. Use search function to search the place you would like to get notified when your kid leaves or enters.
- Set the Geofences Radius, you can choose from 100m to 1000m
- Tap Save on the upper right corner to save the Geofence
On Website Portal:
- Click Features
- Click Geofences
- Click Add
- Enter Geofence Name. Use search function to search the place you would like to get notified when you kid leaves or enters.
- Set the Geofences Radius, you can choose from 100m to 1000m
- Click on the Save button on the upper right corner
Of course, you can use FamiKit to track the real-time location as well as the location history of your kid’s device.
If you would like to change your PIN, here are the steps you need to take.
- Go to Account
- Tap Setting icon on the upper right corner
- Tap PIN Change
- Enter and confirm New PIN and enter your account password, tap Save.
On Website Portal
- Go to Account
- Click Setting icon on the upper right corner
- Click PIN Change
- Enter your account password
- Enter and confirm the New PIN
The PIN is a four digit numbers password you used to protect your setting from being changed by kids. When you install FamiKit on your device and launch it for the first time, a message will pop up. "Welcome to join FamiKit family! Now, please set up FamiKit PIN". Then you will be guided to set up your PIN.
That depends on the operation system of your kid's device.
If your kid's device is an Android:
- Tap Screen Time
- Check app under App Usage & Blocker
- Beside App Usage & Blocker, you can switch to view apps by all app list or by categories
- Use the toggle switch beside the app to block or allow a single app or a group of apps
- You can also set up Advanced Rules by tapping the option under the app name
If your kid's device is an iOS:
- Tap App Blocker
- Choose the app age range you would like to block
Please note, Because iOS has some limitations, FamiKit need to block the whole group of apps by age rating of App store. You are not able to select a specific app to block or allow on kid's iOS device at present. But we will improve this in the future.
You can switch to check different kids' devices' usage by tapping on the Man icon on the right top corner on your dashboard page.
Explicit Content Detection will match text content with our library and notify the parents if sensitive words have been detected. To use Explicit Content Detection, you will need to follow the below steps.
- Tap Explicit Content Detection on parental app
- Tap Connect Account to connect kid's social app's account first
- You can turn on or off certain text base via Suspicious Text Base by taping the vertical three-dots on the upper right corner
- You can add the word you would like to monitor via Add Suspicious Word by tapping the vertical three-dots on the upper right corner
To block or allow a website, please follow the below steps.
- Tap Web Filteron parental FamiKit app
- Tap Exception
- Tap Add Exception
- Type in the website address and choose Block or Allow
- Tap Save
You can check your kid's device usage via our website or app. Website: Log into your account here, then you can start to track your kid's device usage on your dashboard.
App: Download FamiKit on your device, log into your account, choose the identity as Parent and start to track.
You can submit a ticket through the Feedback section in the app or via Contact Us page. We will reply in 24 hours.
FamiKit might have been killed on the kid's device. That is why block rules did not take effect. You need to get the kid's device and restart FamiKit. If the kid's device is a iOS, you will need to check if MDM file is installed properly by going to Setting > General > Device Management. If the issue remains unsolved, please contact our support team for further assistance.
Please check the following settings to do troubleshooting.
- Check if the network connection of the kid's device is good. FamiKit will not be able to send alert if there is no Internet connection.
- Check if the Geo-fence area is set correctly.
- Check if GPS is turned on on kid's device and Location permissions is granted to FamiKit on kid's device.
- Relaunch FamiKit on the kid's device.
None of the above? Please contact our support team for further assistance.
Apple has strict restrictions and limited system access for third-party parental control app. Therefore, FamiKit does not support blocking individual app for iOS devices yet. We may consider adding this to the future version if possible.
As for this case, please perform the below trouble-shooting methods.
- Check if the kid's device has Internet connection;
- Check if FamiKit is installed properly on the kid's device and is still active;
- Check if certain permissions of FamiKit has been turned off;
If the issue persists, we recommend you to uninstall and reinstall FamiKit on both parental device and kid's device to solve this issue. If your kid's device is an iOS, you will also need to reinstall the iOS Profile file.
For iOS device, when apps are blocked, the icon of these apps will be hidden from the homepage of the kid's device and appear again randomly after you unblock them. FamiKit will not uninstall any apps on the kid's device.
FamiKit will need to have access to the location data on the kid's device to update the real-time location. Please follow the steps below to check whether GPS service has been turned on and whether GPS permission is granted to FamiKit on the kid's device. And also please make sure the kid's device has good network connection all the time.
On kid's Android device:
- 1. Please go to Settings > Location and enable Location service. Or you can go Settings > Security & Location > Location to enable it. If you have a work profile, tap Advanced and then turn on Location. Or you can search the key word Location directly to find Location service and turn it on.
- 2. Please go to Settings > Applications > FamiKit > Permissions > Location and grant the Location permission to FamiKit.
On kid's iOS device:
- 1.Please go to Settings > Privacy > Location services and turn it on.
- 2.Please go to Setting > FamiKit > Location and check whether the Location has been set as "Always Allow" for FamiKit.
If the issue is still not solved, please contact our support here.
There are many different browsers on the market and our Web Filter feature does not support all browsers yet. To achieve the best block outcome, we recommend you use the following browsers on kid's device.